Patients are able to easily access their GP using the askmyGP service. By providing the doctor with as much information as possible regarding your condition or query, your GP is able to help you quickly and more effectively. Your GP will make a face-to-face appointment for you if this is appropriate.
Patients can order repeat prescriptions and view their medical record after signing up for Patient Access. To create a Patient Access account that is linked to St Johns Medical Centre, you will need to:
- Create an account on the Patient Access website.
- Complete the St Johns Patient Access Request Form (proof of identity will also be required).
- The St Johns Clinical Support Team will then provide you with a Registration Form which includes an account ID and linkage key.
- Once you have received your Registration Form:
- Log in to your Patient Access account and select “link to my GP Practice” (located on the left hand side of your home page).
- Type in “WA14 1PF” to search for St. Johns Medical Centre
- When asked if you have received a Registration Form, select “Yes”.
- Type in the account ID and linkage key which have been provided in your Registration Form.
Your GP is able to refuse online access if it is felt not to be in your best interests or could cause harm to your physical or mental health. Your application will expire if you do not provide this information within 30 days of registration.
If the account ID and linkage key provided on your registration form do not work, please email [email protected]